Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Anyone Got An Extra $2800 Lying Around?

And while you're at it, you might as well thrown in an extra $400 for the stand...
In my last post I made a reference to how the one thing I really wanted for Christmas (I didn't get it, in case you were wondering) was a Wacom Cintiq 24HD Touch.
It's just as well that no one was up for getting me one, as Wacom just announced the Cintiq 27QHD.



Which is what I want, not for Christmas, but right now.
Right.  This.  Second.
Of course, that's not actually possible, as it's not for sale yet (but will be soon), but even so, I want one ASAP.
So...who's going to buy one for me?
...
Don't all raise your hands at once...
Honestly, apart from the whole "Ooooh, shiny and new!" thing, the fact of the matter is that my current, much-earlier generation Cintiq is nearly six years old - which makes it positively ancient in technological terms - and it's beginning to show signs of its age and the general wear-and-tear of constant use, so I really do need (for a given value of "need," I suppose) to invest in a replacement.
And, come bonus/tax refund time, there's a good chance that I will grit my teeth buy one my damn self.
That said, if you look over to the right and scroll down a bit, you'll notice that there is a "donate" button - which has never in the history of its existence been clicked on, or if it has, has never led to anyone actually donating - so, you know, it would be possible to contribute to a "Jon's Colossal Waste of Money" fund, which would help defray at least some of the costs.
Just throwing that out there.

No comments: